- 4 lbs beef
- 4 lbs pork
- 1 duck
- 1 old chicken or fowl
- 1 whole cow tail, fresh, with skin left on
- ¼ cow heel
- muslin bag with 3 tbsp cloves
- muslin bag with 12 Bonnie peppers (hot tiny ones)
- 4 tbsp brown sugar
- 8 tbsp casareep
- Cut all the meat and fowl into pieces or cubes.
- Put into a large pot, cover with cold water and salt to taste.
- Bring to a boil and cook until tender when tested with a fork; then add the sugar, cloves, peppers, casareep and continue cooking for 4 hours or until the meat falls off the bone.
- When done the meat is in shreds.
- The pepper bag may be removed when the stew is hot enough.
- Note that this dish will keep practically indefinitely if brought to the boil daily.
- Do not remove the fats from the meats as this helps as a preservative.
- It may also be frozen and reheated.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.