Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- MAkes 4 servings of seared beef with orange salsa.
- 2 tsp fennel seeds
- 2 tsp black peppercorns
- 4 large oranges
- ¼ tsp kosher salt
- 12 oz beef tenderloin, cut into 4 steaks
- ¼ cup chopped Italian parsley
- ¼ cup kalamata olives, quartered
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- ½ tsp paprika
- 4 cups torn arugula leaves
- Pulse fennel seeds and peppercorns in a blender until coarsely chopped.
- Grate enough orange zest to make 2 tsp.
- In a bowl, mix zest, seeds, peppercorns, and salt.
- Sprinkle mixture over both sides of each steak.
- Cut peel and white pith from oranges.
- Section oranges into a bowl.
- Stir in onion, parsley, olives, lemon juice, 2 tbsp olive oil, garlic and paprika.
- In a skillet, heat the remaining oil, add the meat.
- Reduce heat, cook until desired doneness.
- Slice meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Add arugula to orange mixture, toss to combine.
- Divide arugula mixture among 4 dinner plates.
- Serve with the beef and a side dish of rice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.