Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 1/2 cups milk, divided
- 1/2 cup Sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons butter or margarine
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 chocolate cookie crumb crust
- 1 1-1/4-ounce envelope whipped topping mix
- 1/3 cup crushed peppermint candy
- Combine rice, 2-1/2 cups milk, Sugar and salt in medium saucepan.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat, and simmer 20 to 25 minutes, or until very thick and creamy, stirring occasionally.
- Beat eggs with 1/2 cup milk.
- Stir into rice mixture. Cook 2 minutes. Add butter and vanilla.
- Cool. Turn into crumb crust. Chill.
- Combine topping mix and remaining 1/2 cup milk; whip until it stands in stiff peaks.
- Fold in peppermint candy. Swirl on top of pie before serving.
- Garnish with bits of peppermint candy, if desired.
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.