DescriptionEditThis simplified bread dish is made and packed with real pepproni, herbs, and cheese, and delivers a rich, meaty flavor. Italian seasoning sometimes and chili oil sometimes work for this, too.
- 1 loaf frozen white bread dough
- ½ tsp. vegetable shortening
- ¾ tsp. fresh chopped parsley or parsley flakes
- ¾ tsp. oregano
- 4 tsp. chili flakes, optional
- 4 oz. thinly sliced pepperoni
- 2 cups shredded Mozzarella cheese or (3 cups grated Colby or fresh Parmesan)
- Spread the shortening over the frozen dough.
- Place dough in a plastic bag and fasten. Let thaw and rise for 7-8 hours.
- Remove bread from the bag and spread dough on a 10x15-inch no-stick sheet. Sprinkle parsley, chili flakes (optional), and oregano over the dough.
- Cover dough entirely with the sliced pepperoni leaving ¼-inch on each side uncovered.
- Top with the Mozzarella. Roll up lengthwise.
- Pinch the seam together.
- Place seam-side down and prick the top with a kitchen knife.
- Bake 350° F for 20-25 minutes. Let it set for 5 minutes.
- Cut into ¾-inch slices after taking it out of the oven. Serve warm and plain or with any side dish, main dish, or appetizer.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.