This white-hot appetizer for pizza is made divine with pepperoni and mushrooms. Keep the pizza dough warm by getting crisp and serve up a savory treat with other side dishes.
- 1 egg, beaten
- ½ cup (2 ounces) shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ to ¾ cup tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon basil leaves
- ¼ teaspoon garlic powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground oregano
- 1 tablespoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup (4 ounces) shredded mozzarella cheese, divided
- 2 ounces pepperoni, thinly sliced
- ½ cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley
- Combine the beaten egg and Cheddar cheese. Press into the buttered 12-inch pizza pan or 10-inch pie pan. Bake at 400 °F for 4 minutes.
- Combine tomato sauce, basil, garlic powder and oregano. Pour on the tomato sauce mixture by spreading. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Layer ½ cup mozzarella cheese, pepperoni and mushrooms. Top with remaining ½ cup mozzarella cheese and parsley.
- Bake at 400 °F for 8 to 10 minutes. Serve warm and plain but cut into serving pieces with the pizza cutter, the cleaver, or the chef's knife.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.