In Romanian: Gogosari in otet in stil romanesc
- For each 1 qt/1 l vinegar:
- 1 1/2 cups water,
- 1 heaping tablespoon salt,
- 2 tablespoons Sugar,
- 1 tablespoon honey,
- a few bay leaves,
- a few juniper berries;
- Choose large peppers, wash and dry.
- Cut the stem and prick 4-5 times around the core with a knitting pin.
- Arrange in large glass jars.
- Set to boil the vinegar with the water, Sugar and honey (or replace honey with another 1/2 tablespoon Sugar).
- Add the bay leaves and juniper berries and let boil for a few minutes.
- Pour while hot over the peppers in jars.
- Pour gradually, with the ladle, so that the jar does not break.
- The jar must be wrapped in a wet cloth.
- Place a handful of washed tarragon on top of the peppers, cover the mouth of the jar with a dessert plate and let sit until the next day.
- The next day the vinegar level will have decreased so add some more vinegar mixture (prepared as before) to fill the jar.
- Leave for 2–3 hours and if still needed, add some more vinegar mixture.
- On the inside of the jar, just at the mouth, add two sticks to form an X.
- Tie with a double layer of cellophane and keep in a cool place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.