This is a recipe I obtained from an Estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Manes Estate in Venus, Texas in 1981.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 3 pounds fresh snap beans
- ½ cup olive oil
- ⅓ cup chopped jalapeno relish
- 4 pieces cooked bacon
- 4 tablespoons almond slivers
Jalapeno relish Edit
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- 1⅓ cups apple cider vinegar
- 3 jalapeno peppers
- ⅓ pound yellow onions
- ¼ cup carrots
- 1 teaspoon dill seeds
- 1 teaspoon mustard seeds
- Sauté jalapenos relish in oil.
- Add beans and cook 20 minutes drizzling with more oil across beans.
- Add crumbled bacon and almonds and serve.
- To make relish combine vinegar and sugar in large saucepan and mix until all of the sugar is dissolved.
- Slice jalapenos, onions and carrots into thin strips.
- Add jalapenos, onions and carrots to the saucepan with the dissolved sugar and bring to a boil.
- Add mustard and dill seeds and simmer 20 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.