In Romanian: Salau cu orez in aluat
- 2 oz / 50 g yeast
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- ½ tablespoon sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup melted butter (or lard or oil)
- flour as needed
- 1 cup rice
- 2 cups milk
- 1 cup water
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 3 hard boiled eggs
- 1 lb / 500 g perch
- ¼ teaspoon pepper
- Prepare the starter with yeast, 2 – 3 tablespoons tepid milk and a little flour.
- When it has risen, mix in the egg, sugar, salt and shortening and make a medium soft dough.
- While the dough rests, set to boil, at low temperature, the rice with the milk, water and salt.
- When the liquid is almost completely reduced, add pepper and butter and let it cool.
- Completely debone the perch, cut into strips, salt and let it sit until the dough has risen and the rice has cooled off.
- Divide the dough into two equal parts.
- Roll into two sheets about a finger thick.
- Place one sheet to cover the bottom and sides of a buttered dish.
- Then cover with a uniform layer of rice.
- After that, put rounds of hard boiled eggs, and to top those, the perch strips.
- Finally, cover with the second sheet of dough, drape with a cloth and let rise for a little while.
- Then use some egg to glaze.
- Place in the oven to bake.
- Serve warm, cut into squares.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.