This is really a hearty stew and great during the winter months.
- 1 #2 can peas, green beans, lima beans, and corn (including juice)
- 1 large can chopped or stewed tomatoes with juice
- 1 large can tomato juice
- 1 can corned beef broken up into pieces
- ½ head cabbage (diced into 1½ x ½ inch pieces)
- 2 large onions (diced as with cabbage)
- 3 large carrots (sliced round 1/16th inch thick)
- 3 – 4 medium sized potatoes, cubed (dice sized)
- salt, pepper, and hot sauce as desired
- approximately 30 (1 inch by 1 inch) pieces of fresh tuna (unfortunately most of us nowadays can't get good fresh tuna so I have often used freshwater bass or some other solid meat)
- In a large pot with tight fitting lid, add all above items except for the.
- A little extra water may have to be added to cover ingredients.
- Bring to a boil, being careful not to burn as the juice (tomato) is very rich.
- Once at a boil, reduce heat and cover, stirring often until the carrots are tender.
- Next, add the and continue to cook for another 20 minutes or so over medium heat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.