- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut in ½" pieces
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 pinch cardamom
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 1 (6.25 ounces) package chicken rice pilaf mix
- 2 cups reduced-sodium chicken broth
- ½ cup dried apricots
- 2 tablespoons grated orange zest
- ½ cup slivered almonds, toasted till fragrant
- Toss chicken with paprika, cinnamon and cardamom.
- In large nonstick skillet, heat 2 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the chicken, cook 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Remove from skillet, set aside.
- In same skillet, heat remaining 1 tbsp olive oil over medium heat.
- Add onion; cook 8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in rice pilaf mix, contents of spice sack, broth, apricots, and orange zest; bring to a boil.
- Cover; reduce heat to low.
- Simmer 15 minutes.
- Stir in reserved chicken and almonds.
- Cover; continue to simmer 5 to 10 minutes or until liquid is absorbed.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.