Cook Time: 2 hours plus overnight prep
- 1 clove garlic, whole
- 1 tsp rosemary
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups dried garbanzo beans
- 4 cans chick peas, rinsed and drained (approx. 15 oz)
- 4 cups water or chicken stock
- 2 tbsp baking soda
- 2 – 3 onions, chopped
- 1 cup olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Soak the beans overnight.
- Strain beans, dust with the baking soda.
- Skin the beans.
- Toss everything into a large pot and simmer for about two hours.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.