Ingredients[edit | edit source]
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks (white parts only), halved lengthwise, rinsed well and chopped (1 cup)
- 12 to 16 oz fresh baby spinach, rinsed well
- ½ cup chopped fresh parsley
- 4 scallions (white and light green parts), sliced
- 2 (16-oz) cans black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 3 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- ½ tsp salt
Directions[edit | edit source]
- In extra-large skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Add leeks and cook, stirring often, until wilted and tender, 5 to 8 minutes.
- Add spinach, parsley, scallions and 1/4 cup water. Cover and cook just until spinach has wilted, about 8 minutes.
- Stir in black-eyed Peas, lemon juice, cinnamon and nutmeg. Cook, uncovered, just until heated through, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and freshly ground pepper to taste. Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.