Moist cake-like cookie full of nuts and raisins. This is modified from an old Mennonite Cookbook recipe from 1948.
- 1 C persimmon pulp
- 1 tsp soda
- 1/2 C butter, room temperature
- 1 C sugar
- 1 egg
- 1 C chopped nuts
- 1 C raisins
- 2 C flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp cloves
- Sift dry ingredients together in large bowl and set to side.
- Mix soda and persimmon pulp together in small bowl and set aside.
- Cream butter and sugar together, add egg blending well.
- Add persimmon mixture and blend well.
- Gradually add dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Add nuts and raisins.
- Drop by tablespoonfuls on greased baking sheet.
- Bake in moderate oven 350 degrees for 15 to 20 min.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.