- 4 cups brown rice
- 11 cups water
- 2 cans sweetened condensed milk
- 4 can evaporated milk
- 5 tbsp powdered cinnamon
- rind of 1 orange
- 2 cups sugar (adjust to taste and can use either brown or white or a combination of both)
- 2 tbsp vanilla
- ⅔ cups shredded coconut
- ⅔ cups raisins (more or less to taste)
- Heat water in a large saucepan with the orange, until it boils.
- Add rice and cook over low heat until the water is absorbed (and the rice is well cooked).
- Remove the orange rind, and add coconut, raisins, vanilla,spices, and add the 3 cans of milk.
- Cook over low heat for some 10 minutes, stirring always with a wooden spoon to prevent sticking.
- The pudding must acquire a thick, creamy consistency.
- Remove from the heat and let cool.
- Serve with enough cinnamon powder to cover the surface.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.