This golden, baked edition of the chicken is made and mixed with pesto for glorious, colorful taste. You can make this with other spices in a chicken and pesto if you want on other occasions, while it then keeps a luxurious taste with the poultry.
- 5 peeled garlic cloves
- ½ cup shelled walnuts
- spinach leaves
- 3 basil leaves
- ½ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 4 chicken breasts, thighs, or legs
- 1 beaten egg
- 1 cup seasoned breadcrumbs
- Pulse on your small food processor or processor attachment on a blender, then fill the food processor to the top with washed and dried spinach leaves and pulse until blended twice.
- Add ½ cup crumbled feta cheese, and basil leaves, and pulse until it is a thick paste.
- Pound the chicken breasts, thighs, or legs with the tenderizer until only thin, but not torn, and spread 1-2 tablespoons of pesto on middle of breast half.
- Roll into the plastic wrap square for each breast, thigh, or leg and refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Then dredge in 1 beaten egg and coat with seasoned breadcrumbs.
- Fry in ½ cup hot oil on both sides until golden brown (about 7 minutes).
- Bake in a heated oven at 350° F, uncovered about 35 minutes until the chicken is 160° C or opaque in the middle.
- Let rest while you set the table and light the candles, or make a hollandaise sauce. Serve hot and plain with the homemade pesto.
Instead of the homemade pesto, add 4 tablespoons store-bought pesto sauce to the pounded chicken breasts, thighs, or legs.