- 1 lb flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 4 oz margarine
- 4 oz bacon fat
- 6 oz sugar
- 4 oz raisins
- 2 large eggs
- Sift the flour, baking powder, nutmeg and cinnamon.
- Rub in the margarine and the bacon fat, and then add the sugar and the raisins.
- Whisk the eggs and pour into mixture, stirring well.
- Add enough milk to make a stiff dough, and roll out onto a floured board (about ¼" thick).
- Cut the dough into 2" rounds (use a glass, or a cookie cutter).
- Bake the rounds in a hot, lightly greased frying pan until they are golden brown (about 4 minutes on each side).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.