This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Poe Estate in Justin, Texas in 1987.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 7 pounds firm bell peppers
- 3½ cups granulated sugar
- 3 cups vinegar
- 3 cups water
- 9 cloves garlic
- 4½ teaspoons canning or pickling salt
- Wash peppers and cut into quarters then remove cores and seeds and cut away any blemishes.
- Slice peppers in strips.
- Boil vinegar, water and sugar for 1 minute then add peppers and bring to a boil.
- Place ½ clove of garlic and ¼ teaspoon salt in each hot sterile half pint jar.
- Add pepper strips and cover with hot vinegar mixture leaving ½-inch headspace.
- Adjust lids and process in boiling water canner for 5 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.