Note that the black-eyed peas must marinate overnight.
- 2 cans (1 pound each) black-eyed peas, drained
- ¼ cup minced dark purple bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced red bell pepper
- ¼ cup minced green bell pepper
- 1 tablespoon finely minced garlic
- 1 small onion, minced
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- ⅓ cup olive oil
- 2 branches fresh thyme, crumbled
- 1 head Boston lettuce, separated into 8 leaves
- Pour the drained black-eyed peas into a medium-sized bowl and add the bell peppers, garlic, and onion.
- In another bowl, combine the vinegars, olive oil, and thyme to form the marinade.
- Pour the marinade over the black-eyed pea mixture, cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate overnight so that the flavors blend, stirring occasionally.
- When ready to serve, place the lettuce leaves on individual plates, spoon the black-eyed peas onto the lettuce, and serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.