- 1 head cabbage, finely sliced
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 3 large carrots, grated
- 1 green and 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 large radish, grated
- pinch of oregano
- 1 small hot pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- oil for frying salt
- 1½ cups pineapple vinegar 
More traditional method Edit
- Cut up 1 pineapple, peel included.
- Put in large jar with 1 handful grapes, 1 sliced peach and pinch of oregano.
- Cover with water, cover jar, and let sit on counter several days.
- Strain liquid to use in recipe.
- Cover cabbage, carrots and radish with hot (not quite boiling) water, and let sit for 30 minutes.
- Drain well.
- Place cabbage in a large salad bowl.
- Heat oil in a frying pan and sauté onion, hot pepper (if used), bell peppers, oregano and salt.
- Stir into the cabbage mixture, mixing well.
- Pour 1½ cups pineapple vinegar over the cabbage, stirring well to dress all the vegetables.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.