- 1 lb.conch, cleaned and peeled
- 2hot peppers in small pieces
- 2 c.white vinegar
- 2onions, sliced
- 3cloves garlic, crushed
- 1 tsp.allspice
- 1/2 c.reserved Conch broth
- Pound the Conch well with a wooden mallet. In a heavy sauce pan, bring several cups of salted water to a brisk boil. Drop the Conch into the boiling water and cook only a few minutes. The Conch becomes tough and loses its succulence if overcooked. Drain well and cut the Conch into bite size pieces.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients to make a marinade for the Conch. Cover the Conch with marinade and refrigerate for twenty-four hours. If a spicier dish is desired, increase number of hot peppers to taste.
- Serve with crackers.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.