Purchased from Woods Estate in Canton, Texas in 1988. Dated 1941.
- 20 ears of fresh corn
- 3 cups cabbage, finely chopped
- 2 large white onions, chopped
- 2 large sweet green peppers, chopped
- 2 large sweet red peppers, chopped
- 1-1/4 cups Sugar
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1-tablespoon kosher salt
- 2 teaspoons turmeric
- 2 teaspoons celery seed
- 4 cups white vinegar
- 2 cups water
- Blanch the corn on the cobs for 5 minutes and cool.
- Cut corn from cobs and place kernels in large skillet.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer 20 minutes.
- Pack the boiling hot relish into hot clean pint jars, leaving 1/4 inch of headspace.
- Run a knife down around the inside of each jar to remove air bubbles.
- Adjust the lids and process for 90 minutes.
- Store sealed jars in a cool, dry, dark place for at least six weeks before serving.
Contributed by: Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.