This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Scroggins Estate in Royse City, Texas in 1992.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- 1½ cups granulated sugar
- ¼ cup water
- ¾ cup white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- few drops green food coloring
- few drops yellow food coloring
- 4 cups sliced green onions
- ½ teaspoon mustard seed
- ½ teaspoon celery seed
- In saucepan combine sugar, water, vinegar and salt then bring to a boil stirring occasionally.
- Cool then add food coloring to syrup.
- In a one quart container combine onions, mustard seed and celery seed.
- Pour syrup over all then cover and let stand overnight.
- Add more onions to fill container then refrigerate 3 days before serving.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.