In Romanian: Zacusca pentru iarna II
- Slice the eggplants crosswise, salt and let drain for 1 hour.
- Then fry in oil on both sides.
- Wash the peppers, quarter them, remove seeds and scald in vinegar, letting them sit in the hot vinegar for 10 – 15 minutes.
- Then remove and drain well.
- In a glass jar, arrange one layer of fried eggplants, one layer of peppers.
- Repeat this procedure until the jar is ¾ full.
- Fill the balance with boiled and strained tomatoes to which you added salt, a little sugar, ground pepper and juniper berries.
- Leave 2 inches empty space at the top.
- Tie with a double layer of cellophane and boil in the double boiler for 25 minutes.
- Let cool in the water in which they boiled.
- Keep in a cool and dry place.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.