Empanada of mandioca
- 1 kg of mandioca
- 1 egg
- 1 teaspoon fat
- 1¼ cup corn flour
- ½ cup sifted flour
- fine salt to taste
- leftover meat
- Boil the mandioca in salt water until tender, then mash either using a food processor, masher or mortar.
- Put on the table mandioca with corn flour.
- Add the fat, egg and regular flour.
- Knead well.
- Stretch out the dough with a rolling pin, dusting the mass and the table with the corn flour.
- Form rounds of 9 cm diameter, more or less.
- Fill up with So'o Ku'i (leftover meat), with hard-boiled eggs or picadillo.
- Dampen the edges with water, close the empanadas and pass the borders through a raviolera, or scallop the edges manually.
- To fry in oil or very hot fat.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.