- 2 cups meat pieces
- 2 slices bread, wet, squeezed
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon bacon drippings
- salt and pepper
- 3 slices bacon, diced
- Grind the meat with bread.
- Add the onions which have been sauteed in the drippings.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- To prepare dough, mix the egg with the flour, add a dash of salt and as much water as needed to knead a smooth loose dough.
- Roll out as thinly as you can.
- Cut out 2½ to 3 inch squares.
- Put a little of the stuffing on each square.
- Fold to form a triangle, pinch the edges together.
- Cook in a large kettle with boiling salted water on high heat for 5 minutes.
- Remove with a colander spoon to a warmed serving platter.
- Add the bread crumbs to the butter and fry for a few minutes on low heat.
- Pour over the pierogi.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.