- Serves 4 to 6
- Cooking time: 40 minutes
- 2 cups gari
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ cup water
- ½ teaspoon ground hot red pepper
- 1¼ cups finely chopped onions
- salt and black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 cup peanut oil or any cooking oil
- 4 ripe tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 6 eggs, lightly beaten
- Sprinkle gari with enough water to moisten, stirring with a fork. Cover and let stand for 15 to 20 minutes.
- With a wooden spoon, stir in ¼ cup of the onions, then add remaining ingredients except oil and eggs. Mix thoroughly.
- Heat oil in a large skillet and sauté remaining onions for about 5 minutes.
- Add beaten eggs and scramble till eggs are done, then stir in gari mixture. Continue cooking and stirring constantly for another 10 minutes.
- Empty into a serving bowl and serve piping hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.