- ½ a ripe pineapple
- 4 squabs (young pigeons)
- ¼ cup butter
- ¼ cup paste
- 4 tbsp brandy or rum if preferred
- salt to taste
- pepper to taste
- ½ cup pineapple juice
- Peel, slice and dice pineapple.
- Wash and dry squab.
- Into each body cavity put 1 tablespoon pate and a piece of pineapple.
- Close cavity and rub squabs with salt and pepper.
- Melt ½ of the butter in a heavy casserole and brown the squabs.
- Do not prick the skins.
- Flame with 1 tablespoon brandy or rum (heat, ignite and pour over squabs).
- Pour in the remaining butter, and roast squabs in 350°F oven uncovered, basting often, for about 45 minutes.
- While squabs are roasting, poach slices of pineapple in the rest of liquor for 10 minutes.
- Arrange slices on the squabs to serve.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.