- 50 g butter
- 1 handful sorrel and chervil
- a bunch of parsley and some chives, pepper and salt
- ½ litre sweet cream
- Boil the vegetables and spices for 45 minutes to produce a stock to which a glass of riesling should be added.
- While this is being done, clean and descale the fish.
- Put the stock in the fish kettle, and place the fish on the riddle therein.
- Bring to the boil and continue to cook, with the lid on, for about an hour.
- During this time butter a casserole and lightly cook the sorrel and chervil on a low heat.
- Pour in half a cup of stock, add the cream and boil for a short time.
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Lay the poached fish on a pre-heated plate.
- Mix the freshly chopped parsley and chives into the sauce, and immediately pour it over the fish.
- Serve with boiled potatoes and a green salad.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.