Makes 6 servings
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 2 cups 2% low-fat milk
- ¼ cup coconut milk
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup rum, divided
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 (8-ounce) can pineapple chunks with juice
- 1 teaspoon butter or margarine
- ¼ cup flaked coconut for garnish (optional)
- maraschino cherry for garnish (optional)
- Combine rice, milk, coconut milk and salt in 3-quart saucepan.
- Cook, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Add 2 tablespoons rum.
- Mix cornstarch, brown sugar, and pineapple with juice in small saucepan.
- Cook, stirring often, until clear and thickened.
- Remove from heat; add butter and 2 tablespoons rum.
- Spoon pudding into dessert dishes and top with pineapple sauce.
- Garnish with coconut and cherries, if desired.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.