The sweet combination of pineapple and strawberry is made great in flavor and frozen to rich perfection. You can also make this with other fruits prepared with gelatin and cream.
- 1 tablespoon tablespoon-package unflavored gelatin
- 1 8-ounce can crushed pineapple, drained to reserve syrup
- 2 cups cooked rice, white only
- 1 10-ounce package frozen sliced strawberries, thawed and divided
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 egg whites
- 3 tablespoons sugar, brown or white only
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 cup of ½ pint heavy cream, whipped and sweetened
- Soften gelatin in pineapple syrup; heat to dissolve.
- Combine gelatin, pineapple, rice, ½ cup strawberries (including syrup) and vanilla.
- Whip egg whites with sugar and salt until stiff but not dry; fold into rice mixture.
- Fold half of whipped cream into mixture.
- Spoon into individual molds (about ¾ cup each). Chill until firm.
- Unmold onto cold plates and top with a dollop of whipped cream and the remaining strawberries. Serve cold and plain or with other desserts or fruits.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.