- 4½ cups water
- 1½ lbs shrimp, fresh
- 1 large pineapple, fresh
- 1 medium orange
- 1 medium grapefruit
- 1 medium avocado
- 1 lime, juice of (2 to 3 tbsp)
- Bring water to a boil.
- Add shrimp; return to a boil.
- Lover heat, and simmer 3 to 5 minutes.
- Drain shrimp well; rinse with cold water.
- Peel and devein shrimp; set aside.
- Cut pineapple in half lengthwise.
- Scoop out pulp, leaving shells ½ to ¼ inch thick.
- Cut pineapple pulp into bite-size pieces, discarding core.
- Set aside 1 cup pineapple pieces; reserve remaining pieces for use in other recipes.
- Peel, seed, and section orange and grapefruit; combine fruit sections with 1 cup pineapple pieces and shrimp.
- Cover; chill until ready to serve.
- Before serving, peel and dice avocado; sprinkle with lime juice to prevent discoloration.
- Combine avocado and shrimp mixture; spoon into reserved pineapple shells.
- Pour dressing over top before serving.
- Combine all ingredients in container of electric blender; blend well.
- Serve immediately. (Yield: ¾ cup)
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.