Contributed by World Recipes Y-Group
- Categories: Oriental
- Yield: 4 Servings
- 1 large fresh pineapple, trimmed and diced
- 2 cups cooked long-grain white rice
- 1 oz Chinese dried mushrooms
- 1 small onion, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp oil, preferably peanut
- ¼ lb Chinese long beans - (or green beans),
- 2 eggs
- 2 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp fish sauce (optional)
- Carefully cut off and save the pineapple top, leaving about 1-inch of the pineapple under the leaves.
- Scoop out the inside fruit leaving the skin of the pineapple whole to use as a bowl for the fried rice.
- Coarsely chop the pineapple meat.
- Soak the dried mushrooms in warm water for 20 minutes until they are soft.
- Squeeze the excess liquid from the mushrooms and remove and discard their stems.
- Cut the caps into small dice.
- Heat a wok or large frying pan until it is hot.
- Then add the oil and wait until it is almost smoking.
- Add the mushrooms, onions, beans and stir-fry for one minute.
- Mix in the cooked rice and stir-fry it for one minute.
- Add the eggs, soy sauceand fish sauce and continue to stir-fry for five minutes over high heat.
- Add the chopped pineapple and continue to stir-fry for about two minutes.
- Scoop the mixture into the hollowed-out pineapple shell, replace the top and serve the remaining rice on a platter.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.