- Ethnicity - South Indian
- Type of meal - Party, Lunch, Dinner
- 2 cup: Ripe pineapple cut into 1/2" square pieces
- 2 dsp: coconut oil
- ½ tsp: turmeric powder
- 1 cup: grated coconut
- 1 no: Dried red chilli
- ½ tsp: mustard seeds
- 3 no: Dried red chillies (cut into 6 pieces)
- 1 sprig: curry leaves
- 1 tsp: Crushed mustard
- salt to taste
- Boil pineapple, with turmeric and salt in ½ cup water.
- Grind coconut with dried chilli to a fine paste.
- Heat the oil and season with mustard seeds.
- Saute the coconut paste and add the curry leaves and dried red chillies.
- When it is done, add the boiled pineapple pieces.
- The gravy should be thick and the cover the pineapple pieces.
- Add the crushed mustard just before removing the pachhady from fire.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.