Makes 6 servings
- 3 cups cooked rice
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter or margarine
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 eggs, separated
- 1 15-1/4-ounce can crushed pineapple
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup flaked coconut
- Combine rice, milk, Sugar, butter and salt in saucepan.
- Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until thick and creamy, about 25 minutes.
- Beat egg yolks; blend a little rice mixture into yolks.
- Stir all into rice mixture and cook an additional minute.
- Remove from heat and add pineapple and cinnamon. Cool.
- Beat egg whites until stiff but not dry. Fold into cooled rice.
- Turn into greased 9-inch square baking pan. Top with coconut.
- Bake at 325 degrees 25 minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.