Lifted from Aug/Sep '93 Taste of Home magazine
- 20 oz unsweetened pineapple chunks
- 1 cup buttermilk
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 tsp liquid sweetener
- mint leaves — optional
- Drain pineapple, reserving ½ cup juice.
- Freeze pineapple chunks.
- Place juice, buttermilk, vanilla, sweetener and frozen pineapple into a blender container.
- Blend until smooth.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with mint if desired.
Nutritional information Edit
- Diabetic exchanges: one serving = ½ skim milk, ½ fruit
- 74 calories, 52 mg sodium, 2 mg cholesterol, 16gm carbohydrate, 2 gm protein and 1gm fat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.