This recipe came from an estate sale. I obtained it when I purchased the family collection from the Pinion Estate in Mesquite, Texas in 1994.
- Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- ½ pound lentils
- 1½ quarts water
- 3 stalks celery and leaves chopped fine
- 2 small carrots chopped
- 1 white onion chopped
- 1 clove garlic chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 3 fresh ripe tomatoes diced
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 1 pound elbow pasta
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.