- One large Eggplant
- 2-6 cloves garlic (depending on how strong you like it)
- salt (enough to lightly cover the garlic)
- handful roughly chopped walnuts
- olive oil
- fresh lemon
- fresh cilantro
- Wash Eggplant. Poke holes into it randomly with a fork so it doesn't pop on you.
- Roast the Eggplant in the oven until it's thoroughly cooked and collapses.
- While Eggplant is roasting, mash garlic and salt with mortar and pestle until it becomes pasty.
- To cool Eggplant quickly, slice in half, and leave draining in the sink in a colander.
- When cool, peel the skin off.
- Chop Eggplant into medium-sized chunks.
- In bowl, combine Eggplant and garlic, mashing Eggplant and stirring the garlic throughout.
- Once nice and consistently mushy, throw in a handful of chopped walnuts, this adds some crunch and
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.