Contributed by Catsrecipes Y-Group
- Source: my old recipes
- Serves 8
- 3 cups dried pink beans
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 4 tbsp butter
- 4½ tbsp lemon juice
- 2 tbsp dried oregano
- 2 tbsp dried rosemary
- salt and pepper
- Wash beans.
- Soak overnight in water to cover.
- Discard any beans that float to the top.
- Next day, put beans in a pot and simmer in their soaking water for 2 to 2½ hours or until tender.
- When cooked, drain off any excess liquid.
- Preheat oven to 325 °F.
- In skillet, heat oil and sauté onions in it until soft.
- Add onions and all other ingredients to the beans and mix well.
- Put bean mixture in a buttered ovenproof dish and bake for 15 to 20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.