Pioneer Recipes -- Pioneer and Indian Recipes by the Whitman Mission National Historical Site, National Park Service, US Department of the Interior, public domain government resource—original source of recipe
- Cook Time: 35–45 minutes
- Serves: 12-15
- 2 cups stone ground flour
- 1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 400 °F.
- Combine the flour and water.
- Knead until smooth.
- Sprinkle some flour on a smooth surface and roll the dough flat until it is ¼ inch thick.
- Cut biscuits out with a can or a glass making each biscuit about 3-4 inches in diameter.
- Poke holes into each biscuit with a fork.
- Place on a floured cookie sheet.
- Bake for 35 to 45 minutes.
- It should come out hard and dry.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.