Submitted by email@example.com
- Source: Christmas Cookie Recipes from around the World
- Makes about 200
- 1¼ cups margarine
- ¼ cups sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup dark corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 2 teaspoons ground cloves
- 1 tablespoon grated orange rind
- 7 cups white flour
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- Boil the syrup and spices, add the margarine and beat until the mixture is cool.
- Mix the soda in with part of the flour and then combine with the syrup-margarine mixture.
- In a separate bowl, beat together the eggs and sugar.
- Add the whipped eggs and the rest of the flour.
- Do not knead the final mixture.
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap and leave overnight in a cool place.
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Roll out the dough, cut up into shapes with cookie cutters and bake the cookies in the oven until golden brown (approximately 8 minutes).
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.