- 1 courgette, diced
- 50 g (2 oz) potato, diced
- 50 g (2 oz) onion, chopped \ 1 carrot, diced
- 230 g (8 oz) can chopped tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- 12 liters (2 pints) boiling water (approximately)
- 50 g (2 oz) French beans, cut into 1 cm (½ inch) lengths
- 50 g (2 oz) frozen petit pois
- 50 g (2 oz) small pasta shapes
- 4 – 6 tablespoons red pesto
- freshly grated Parmesan cheese to serve
- Place the courgette, potato, onion, carrot and tomatoes in a large pan.
- Add seasoning and enough boiling water to cover generously.
- Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the French beans, petit pois and pasta.
- Cook for 10 minutes until the pasta is tender.
- Check the seasoning.
- Transfer the soup to individual soup plates, adding a tablespoon of pesto to each.
- Serve with grated Parmesan cheese.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.