Syrian Bread is used in this snack. I make these all year and especially during the summer. My guests are disappointed if I don't supply these as one of our appetizers.
- 1 package pita bread
- olive oil
- dry basil
- garlic powder or garlic salt
- Parmesan cheese
- ground cayenne pepper
- Split the pita bread into two halves. Score with sharp knife, but don't cut completely through.
- Brush lightly with olive oil, sprinkle lightly with basil, garlic powder or garlic salt, Parmesan cheese and cayenne ground pepper.
- Place on cookie sheet and bake at 350 °F until golden or lightly browned.
- Cool and break into pieces.
- We serve them as is and also with side dishes of chopped jalapeno peppers and chopped tomatoes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.