- 1 19 oz. can of Chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 3-4 tablespoon tahini
- 4 tablespoon water
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1-2 small cloves garlic, minced
- 1/4 sea salt (optional)
- 2 tablespoon minced parsley
- 6 whole Wheat pitas
- 3 large scallions, thinly sliced
- 3 large ripe tomatoes
- Combine Chickpeas, tahini, water, lemon juice, garlic and sea salt (optional) in food processor and process until well blended and smooth. Stir in the parsley. Warm pitas until they are soft; slice almost completely through into two circles. Spread 1/3 c. humus over half of each pita; top with 1/6 of the sliced scallions and slices of 1/2 a tomato. Top with other pita circle and serve. Yields six pitas.
Other Links Edit
See also Edit
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.