- 1 cup bulgur
- 4 whole wheat pitas, cut in half
- 1 tsp sweet curry powder
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ½ cup thinly sliced scallions (white and light green parts)
- 1½ cups red grapes, halved
- ½ cup dried cranberries or golden raisins
- 1 yellow or red bell pepper, diced
- 2 tsp olive oil
- ½ cup crumbled feta
- green leaf or butter lettuce leaves
- Preheat oven to 300°F.
- In medium saucepan, bring 1½ cups water to a boil.
- Remove from heat, stir in bulgur, and let sit, covered, until tender, 10 to 15 minutes (it will still be a bit chewy).
- Meanwhile, heat pitas in warm oven.
- Transfer bulgur to large bowl, and add curry powder, balsamic vinegar, garlic, scallions, grapes, cranberries and bell pepper, stirring well.
- In large skillet, heat oil over medium heat.
- Add bulgur mixture, and cook, stirring, until hot.
- Remove from heat, and stir in feta.
- Stuff lettuce and mixture into each pita.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.