Flat bread with onions
- 1 kg or 7½ cups flour
- 30 g salt
- 30 g (1 oz) yeast
- 60 g (2 oz) dry milk
- 40 g (1 – 2 oz) beef fat
- 180 g onions
- 14 g or 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 20 g sesame seeds
- 730 ml or 3 cups water
- Add the lukewarm water and flour, ½ cup at a time.
- If necessary, beat in is as much of the remaining ½ cup of flour as you need to make a dough that does not stick to your fingers.
- Gather the dough into a large, compact ball.
- Divide dough into 150 – 200 g (5 – 7 oz) pieces and roll into balls.
- Flatten into round bread, 2 – 3 cm (¾ – 1 inch) at edges and 5 mm (3/16 inch) in the center. Recipe is the same as Obi-non.
- Stamp patterns on top and sprinkle with thinly sliced onions and sesame seeds.
- Allow to rise another 15 – 20 minutes under a pastry cloth and bake in a tandoor oven.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.