- 1 lb pinto beans
- 6 cups water
- 4 medium tomatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, chopped
- ¼ cup green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp oregano
- ¼ tsp rosemary
- 1 cup mozzarella, shredded
- ¼ cup romano, grated
- Soak beans in water overnight.
- In slow cooker, cook beans in water on high for 2 – 3 hours, until tender but not mushy.
- Drain, saving liquid.
- Add tomatoes, onion, green pepper, garlic, salt, oregano, and rosemary.
- Add 2 cups bean liquid.
- Cover and cook on low for 8 – 10 hours.
- Add cheese and cook on high, uncovered, for 15 – 20 minutes.
- Turn off heat and let stand a few minutes before serving to let beans absorb some of the juice.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.