- 2 very ripe plantains
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 4 cinnamon sticks
- 2 teaspoons of cloves
- ¼ cup of sugar
- 3 tablespoons of rum (optional)
- ½ cup of water
- a pinch of salt
- Peel the plantains and cut into halves. Stick the cloves and cinnamon into the plantains.
- In a shallow frying pan heat the butter, add the plantains and sauté until golden brown.
- In a separate container mix the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into the frying pan.
- Let the water evaporate.
- Let caramelize on one side and turn.
- Turn off the heat.
- Serve immediately.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.