- ⅓ cup butter or shortening
- ½ cup sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups flour
- ⅛ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup milk
- ½ teaspoon vanilla
- First cream together thoroughly the butter or shortening and the sugar.
- Add the slightly beaten egg.
- Mix and sift the dry ingredients and add alternatively with the milk to the first mixture.
- Add flavoring.
- Toss on lightly floured board, roll thin, cut and place on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake in a moderate oven (350°F) twelve to fifteen minutes.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.