- 2 ripe plantains, sliced in half, then in strips
- 225 gm cottage cheese
- 3 egg yolks
- 3 egg whites
- 20 ml dry breadcrumbs
- 1 tsp sugar
- 80 ml olive oil
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- Fry plantain strips in the oil until brown on both sides.
- Mix cheese, cinnamon, and sugar in a bowl.
- Beat egg yolks in one bowl, and the whites stiffly in another.
- Grease a baking dish, and sprinkle with breadcrumbs.
- Fold stiff egg whites into yolks, pour a quarter into the dish and spread on the egg mixture and a layer of fried plantain.
- Cover with quarter of cheese and some olive oil.
- Repeat layers, until ingredients are used up.
- Save a little egg mix and oil to pour over final layer.
- Bake in 180 °C oven for 40 minutes.
- Serve with meat.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.