- four or more plantains (they don't have to be completely ripe)
- one-half teaspoon mild curry powder
- one-half teaspoon cinnamon (optional)
- a few cloves or a pinch of powdered cloves (optional)
- salt to taste
- pat of butter (optional)
- one to two cups of coconut milk
- Peel plantains.
- Cut plantains into slices, or into quarters by cutting once lengthwise and once across the middle.
- In a saucepan, combine all ingredients except coconut milk.
- Heat slowly, stir gently, and add coconut milk little by little until all is absorbed.
- Simmer until plantains are tender.
- Add a little water if necessary.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.